Round 2 Squads
Lions, teams for Round 2 are ready, and it’s a HUGE weekend to be a Lion.
Lots of ‘ins’ following Round 1, and a few high profile recruits amongst the mix. We are facing up to Putney in all 3 grades, playing at their home ground. Detailed directions on how to find it are below. Please make a big effort to be at the ground nice and early for all 3 grades.
1st Grade (game kicks off at 3pm, be there to support the early games):
- Sher, Stevo, Jake the Snake, Cheap Tickets (Ryanair), Grima, Littlechild, Fernandez, Keebs, Fish, Hawker, Wood, Norris, McGeever, Dicker, Masemann, Maple, Clement, Burwell, Rand, Chipperfield, Sammy Howard, Juan, Canada
2nd grade (game kick off art 12.30, be there 11.30am latest)
- The Boot, Pres, Chris Brennan, Biscuits, Craig K, Fabulous, Austin, Ev, Snowman, Franky V, Gazza, Beau, Sammy D, Matty H, Jack, Hammer, Tommy Parsons, Occa the Pigeon, Pauly Nicol
3rd Grade ( game kicks off at 11am sharp, try to be there for 10am):
- Robbie C, The Dogg, Strugnall, Little Brad, Geoooffry, Jonny Drennan + mate, Colm, Luke Harley, Benny Alcock, Pete, Mr Maynard, Richy Oakes, Stevo, Mick Friendly, Rhys, Shauny Mac, Franky A, Levi’s mates
How to find the ground
We’re playing in Putney, which sounds simple. However it’s not. It takes a tube ride AND a bus ride to find the ground, and will take you at least 30 mins longer than you think it will. So give yourself some extra time.
The ground is at the Richardsons Evans Memorial Playing Fields. It’s in a place called Roehampton and the postcode is SW15 3PQ. Below we’ve broken out the trip into 3 easy to follow steps:
1. Get the tube (district line) to Putney Bridge Station. The bus leaves from outside the station. Or catch the overland train (out of Waterloo / Clapham Junction) to Putney Bridge Station, and again the bus leaves from directly outside the station.
2. Catch the 85 bus. Sit on the bus for quite a while (20+ mins), until it goes past a large cemetery (on your left), and turns off the main road (the A3) to stop at an enormous Asda. Don’t get off the bus before this. You can’t miss the Asda, and you’ll have a long walk if you get impatient.
3. When you get off the bus at the stop out the front of Asda, walk to the roundabout which is just ahead of you, and cross diagonally to the opposite side. You should be able to see the ground and park on the other side of some trees and bushes.
You can find detailed directions and maps on the Putney website, although we wouldn’t recommend spending too much time on there: www.putneymagpies.com
Also, a map of the 82 bus route is here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/?r=85